Thursday, October 29, 2009

"they say"

I did not like this reading as much as the Orwell reading, It seemed like the writer was in a hurry to get this done because it had no personality to the writing. that aside, there were some good points throughout the writing. When the writer talked about the lecture about Dr. X and how his work was wonderful and profound and yet no one knew why there was a need to defend this work was great! I cannot understand when people write papers, speeches, or anything without a point. That is great that his work is profound but who says it differently is a question i have asked myself more times than i would have liked. I did not like the templates at the end of the writing. Not because they are bad templates, but that I fear students will take these templates and use them rather than applying the Orwell talked about in "Politics in the English Language". Instead of making templates i think that it would have been better to have shown students how to get down and think about how they really want to say what it is they have to say. I liked the part about book lovers. Its a funny yet true point about how book readers really do congratulate themselves and that someone could read this and understand the point. (and teslin i forgot to tell you there is a spell check in the post screen, its across from the font and next to paragraph formatting but i could not get it to work)

No comments:

Post a Comment